UN’AZIENDA CHE PROSEGUE LEGANDO IL PRESENTE AI RACCONTI E ALLE MAGIE DEL TERRITORIO

Una cantina che si sviluppa su un’area coperta di oltre 8.000 mq. Losito e Guarini è la casa vinicola diventata la prima azienda di settore dell’Oltrepo’ Pavese e una delle più importanti produttrici di vini della regione Puglia.

Image thumbnail

Our history

PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE: A HISTORY THAT RENEWS ITSELF EVERY DAY.

FOR MORE THAN A HUNDRED YEARS, WE HAVE BEEN PUTTING OUR CUSTOMERS AND LOVE FOR WINE FIRST.

Great sacrifices, hard work and excellent results, obtained thanks to the implementation of strategies aimed at the maintenance of a high qualitative level, which remained always constant through the years. We put forward professionalism, love and passion: for those who work the land, cultivating the vineyard is not a simple job, but a lifestyle.

AS MANY POETS TELL, WINE IS THE POETRY OF THE EARTH.

For this Losito & Guarini brings a smile to the tables of Italians every day.


The beginning

1910

The very young Domenico Losito leaves Trani to seek his fortune away from his native land. His journey ends in Seveso, north on Milan: here is where the history of Losito e Guarini begins.

The scüdela

1916

In this northern Italian city, the young Domenico opens a tavern where, for the first time, he starts selling wine by the glass, which was served in the typical scüdela, paired with the excellent dishes cooked by his wife.

The family

1923

Through the years, the family grows in number, thanks to the birth of four sons, including Michele who was lucky enough to attend the prestigious industrial design institute “Didattica di Seveso S. Pietro”. Talent for design and passion for wine were contributing factors to the realization of the sketches of several bottles.

The activity

1942

In the 40’s Michele marries Renata and the two move to Lentate sul Seveso where they open a diner, starting an activity that will be handed down from generation to generation. Here they sell the “fiaschetta”, the classic rounded wine bottle coated in hay that we all know.

The growth

1950

Michele starts delivering wine house-to-house, in order to increase the number of his clients. With enthusiasm and hard work he obtains great results that allow him to expand his activity, in the 50’, and move it to the outskirts, where he can experiment new methods and take advantage of wider spaces.

The loss

1968

In the meantime Luisa, Michele’s daughter, marries the Apulian Mr. Guarini in 1968, who is a wholesale wine trader in Como. After a short while, unfortunately, Michele passes away, as a result of the consequences of injuries sustained during the Second World War, without having the opportunity of seeing his dreams realized.

The headquarter

1973

The newlyweds set up home in Lentate sul Seveso where, thanks to the results of new ideas, they install the first bottling plants and equipment, something that was until then done by hand.

The innovation

1980

Tradition, innovation and technology: the activity is constantly growing, as the winery moves the first steps into the large-scale retail channel thus allowing its wines to be recognised outside of the regional borders.

Evolutions

1990

The winery, always oriented to the changes of the market, officially enters the Italian large-scale retail channel.

The new generation

1996

In the 90’ the sons Davide and Renato are involved in the family business with different roles: Davide has primarily commercial duties while Renato, following the establishment of a new headquarter in Oltrepò Pavese, is appointed with handling productions and purchases

Found memories

2010

The brothers Davide and Renato, pushed by the desire to see family memorabilia during a Christmas dinner, find the sketches of bottles realized by their grandfather Michele at the beginning of the prior century.

Fairy tales and aromas

2013

Just like the happy ending in fairy tales, the two brothers decide to realize Michele’s dream creating the bottles of the current “C’era una volta” and “Luigi Guarini” lines.

a